Sunday 14 October 2012

101 List Progress Check - October 14th 2012

It's that time of the week again - what progress have I made this week?

Prizewinner books - this week I read Amsterdam by Ian McEwan. I thought I'd have a quick check of the reviews on Amazon to see what to expect and was very wary when I saw that it only had 2.5 stars (many of the lower marks appeared to Ian McEwan fans who compared this book negatively to his previous books). However, I read it cover to cover in a couple of days, and it didn't feel like a chore at all. If that's Ian McEwan at his worst, then I'm definitely going to check out some of his other books :o)

Music - CDs to iTunes. I decided to get a few of these done on Friday evening, and had forgotten how quick and easy it is to do this. I'm going to do a few each day and hopefully it won't be too onerous and won't take too long to complete.

I've just ordered a tape to MP3 converter from Amazon ready to transfer my tapes to iTunes - that's going to take some time, but at least it means that I'll be able to listen to all my old music again.

Ripped abs - I'm finding it hard to get started on this one again. I did the P90X 2 Core workout on Sunday (which nearly killed me) and the Brazil Butt Lift Cardio Axe workout on Tuesday. P90X Chest & Back was planned for Thursday, but I ended up pulling an all-nighter at work on Thursday (it's been a long time since I've had to work through to the early hours of the morning - and boy did it knock me for six!!!). Unfortunately this scuppered my chances of getting a workout in on Friday or Saturday as well. However, I'm feeling a bit more alive today, so am planning on doing P90X Shoulders & Arms later today (that's going to hurt tomorrow as I've done no upper body work in ages...).

That's it for this week. Catch you next time. Have a fab week.

LJx

2 comments:

  1. You can set iTunes to import CD's as soon as you load them then eject the CD when it's finished, when I did my huge collection a few years ago now I left a stack of CD's next to the machine and every time I went past the PC I dropped the next one in the tray, job done but it still took me about 2-3 weeks to complete!

    I still have all my CD's in their cases they take a large wall cabinet in one of our bedrooms, I wonder if it's worth just boxing them up and saving some space.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ve been trying that, but either forget to turn the pc on before I start doing everything else, or put one in, start doing other stuff and completely forget about the CDs. And they say women are supposed to be able to multi-task!!! Oops!!!

      Delete