Friday 22 November 2013

101 Progress Check - November 22nd 2013

Hi All :o)

Sorry for the lack of update last weekend, I had family arriving on Sunday afternoon so was a bit busy. We all had a fabulous time, including going to see Biffy Clyro on Monday night, which was absolutely amazing!!!

I had my first proper Wednesday afternoon with my boys last week, and it went (almost) as planned. After a bit of a session of stropping, sulking, and shouting (by the older one) we were all in the kitchen chopping onions and pumpkin to make pumpkin soup, which actually turned out really well. As I've never made pumpkin soup before I can count this towards two of my tasks; cooking with my boys, and trying a new recipe - result!!!

I've continued with my short German book of quotes and sayings, despite the frustration, and am planning on getting this finished this week. I'm hoping that when I move from this book to a proper book, i.e. one with an actual storyline, that I will understand it more quickly as the sentences will be in context to the situation. If that doesn't help then it's going to take me a very long time to read the books that I have. I've also started using my Back to School Filofax to write in new words :-)

Yesterday afternoon I had Marcus at home with me, so he wanted to do crafty stuff until Christopher came home from school, so while he was colouring in wooden letters I took the opportunity to make a picture to go in one of my IKEA photo frames. I used various patterns of scrapbooking paper to create a picture in the style of a small child (I'm really not creative enough to do anything more than that). It's not perfect, but then it wasn't expected to be, but I had fun making it. Marcus has decided he'd like it up on the wall in his bedroom - we'll see...

I also watched a classic film from my list yesterday - "The Sting" with Paul Newman and Robert Redford, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was half expecting it to drag a bit, but it was really nice to see something a bit different - without the high aggression levels that seem to be almost a requirement of most films nowadays.

I've still been taking my fish oils and iron tablets, not forgetting at all since my last post - I am very pleased. Maybe the fish oils are improving my memory :-)

I have a lot to try to get through before the end of the month to stay on track with my 101 list, keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep it up without dropping a whole host of other balls that are about to be launched in the air... Christmas cards etc. :o)

Have a great week,

LJx

Added:       Just watching the 1955 version of Oklahoma - excellent!!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep those balls juggling and all will be as it should. Two good Films there Lindsay, wonder what the next one will be? x x x

    ReplyDelete